Wednesday 2 November 2011

OCD and the Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 1 Verses 21 - 46

So we stand now, with our chariot drawn by Krishna in between the two armies: ours and OCD.

Now we face Arjuna's dilemma: we lose the will to fight. OCD and other illnesses, anxiety, depression, all of these have become so in-built in us now. They are like a part of us and we are hesitant to fight back. It's going to be hard to fight this army. What if we lose? What if our conditions worsen? What if nothing gets better?

In the beginning of my struggle with OCD, when I had realized that I had a problem, I didn't think I needed to fight it. I thought it was just a phase and that I would get over it in some time. So I didn't do anything. Arjuna didn't want to kill his family members so even he put down his weapons and thought he would do nothing.
Must we also do this? Must we remain inactive and thus let OCD win?

Explore what Krsna has to say to Arjuna and to us in the next post.

6 comments:

  1. With your support and Krishna's mercy, I will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beginner with Krishna24 April 2012 at 00:23

    Thank you Drain piper..........can't wait for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Thanks for the comment. What's your OCD history? Is the blog helping in any way? I hope it is. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything I could assist you with! I myself suffer from OCD so I know how painful it is to deal with, especially if there is no one to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beginner with Krishna28 April 2012 at 23:41

    Thank you for ur concern Drain piper.......but i don suffer frm OCD as far as i know.......but ur posts have inspired me.......i hv been reading ur blog and the blogs of some devotees at all about Krishna.com and it has gotten me through some tough moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's wonderful. I'm glad to hear you don't have OCD. I was concerned when I saw your comments on my blog posts!

    I'm very very happy to hear that Krishna has been able to help you through our blogs in some ways. Hope to see you around :)

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...