Thursday 1 April 2010

Krishna Conscious Music

For quite some time, I have been looking for bands and singers who perform songs about Krishna. The most common songs are mostly bhajans in Sanskrit or Hindi, or perhaps recordings of the maha mantra. I was looking for songs that had English lyrics and music that is similar to the songs released today. Now while there are apparently many Krishna conscious bands, as my friends tell me, I don't think they're very popular. So I'm going to list out some of the bands I know of and have come to love deeply. I will provide links wherever I can :)

Be sure to click on all the underlined links please! Don't miss out!

  • Dhira: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Be sure to check out 'Nrishinga'

  • Village of Peace: Very very Jamaican :)

  • Little Gokul (or Little Go-Kool): All the way from Africa! There are kids in the band who are very talented. Their music is fantastic. Do not miss 'Vraja'. Here is their website.

  • Shabda Hari Das: Sanskrit lyrics put to fabulous music

  • Jalebi: Very unique and catchy music

  • Ananda: I beg you! Please, please, PLEASE listen to 'Govinda'!

  • Haraprana Devi Dasi: Lovely voice!

  • George Harrison: Of course :)

  • Two Sage Crusade: I just found this YouTube video and I have to say, I'm enjoying it!

  • Gaura Vani & As Kindred Spirits: Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

  • Mayapuris: These guys are fantastic. There is a video of these guys from 2005 on YouTube that I have been in love with since forever. Here's the link.

  • Sonic Division - Hare Krishna (Alchemist Project Remix): For those who love club music!

  • 108, Shelter, Cro-Mags, Baby Gopal: These are Krishnacore bands. There are many more you will find if you just simply google 'Krishnacore' :)

  • Kula Shaker: Oh yeah!

  • Azitiz: Haven't checked out the music as yet (something's wrong with my Internet connection) but I'm very excited to have a listen soon! I get the feeling I'm really going to enjoy it!

  • Govinda Sky: Hip hop!

  • Vrindavana RymerThe link will take you to Vrindavana Rymer's beautiful rendition of Jaya Radha Madhava


There are many more songs that should be mentioned but I'm having trouble finding names. If I can upload the songs or provide links to them, I will definitely do so.

Meanwhile, here's a link to a site that sells Krishna Conscious music CDs (along with other items). Here, you will find out names of many different artists and bands, and you can also pick artists based on genre. Have fun! I know I will :)

4 comments:

  1. Check out Suchandra Dasi Heres a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJ9pITNaxw&list=PL4B9F0EB35C08F389

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hare Krishna! I came across your blog when I was looking for other Krishna Conscious music. You have a great list here! I would like to share it on my tumblr blog, gopifit. I also just released my own recording of Jaya Radha Madhava. Here is a link to the video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ZKsyx-5oY

    I hope you enjoy it! Hari bol!
    -Vrindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing that! I will add your song to the list! It's a wonderful song! It took me back to the days when I used to sing this song all the time and completely lose myself in it. It's been a while since I did that. Thank you so much for giving me that experience again! I wish you all the best! Hare Krishna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Hare Krishna!

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...