Thursday 14 October 2010

Dream about Krishna + Krishna looks after His devotees

Last night, I dreamed that I was on the phone with a girl from my Hare Krishna Youth class. While we were on the phone I noticed that my krishna deity in my altar had turned his head. I stared on in disbelief and he did it again! Then he spoke and I put the phone close to the deity so my friend could hear it. Then I told her I would call her back so I kept the phone. The deity then came alive. There was a real live baby in front of me. He wasn't bluish in color. His skin was a normal wheatish complexion. He was wearing a red tshirt and his cheeks and eyelids were red, especially his right eyelid. That was like soo red! I wondered why. Then I realized it was kumkum powder or the tilaka. I called my grandmother and my siblings to have darshan of him but my sister was asleep so I touched krishnas feet and put my hand on her head. I had asked him to give his darshan to everyone and he said, "Ok this is the last one". Then there was a glow around him and then he turned back into his deity form.

When I woke up, I went to my altar to look at my deity. The red tilaka was applied to his forehead and had somehow run over his RIGHT EYE since it was a liquid. I had joined my hands to pray but upon noticing this I just stopped. I didn't know what to pray anymore. I was speechless! I asked my grandmother when the tilak was applied and she said it was done a week ago, on the first day of navratri. Then I thought maybe subconsciously I had noticed it before, because I remember thinking that my Krishna deity looked a little different - that something about the eyes seemed different from afar. From afar it looked like Krishna's headdress were his eyes and I remember thinking it just looked like that because of the tilak and the lighting. So maybe I subconsciously took in this detail. But it still amazed my grandmother and me!

In the morning, on my way to University, I called my friend to tell her about this. She then told me that somehow, Krishna had solved her visa problems. Initially she was in a mess, unhappy with her situation but Krishna used that situation to extend her visa! Hari Hari bol. Krishna takes so much care of His devotees!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's amazing.
    You are truly blessed.
    He does take His time out to come solve our problems, and He does it in style!!!
    i mean, He is there, whenever we are in a mess.
    Your friend, too, is really blessed.
    But it is so wonderfully natural about Him- He takes care of us even when we 'create' the mess, so there really is no question about those times when we inadvertently 'land' in messes.
    Reading about this post is making me revel at His marvels.
    PS: Happy Navratri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice comment! I was going to quote a line from your comment but I ended up wanting to quote so many of them! Lol! I wholeheartedly agree with EVERYTHING you just said!

    Happy Navratri to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...