Wednesday 19 January 2011

Prayer Request for Birken

Birken said:

"Hello,

I am very happy to find your blog, and especially this page. I am returning to Krishna Consciousness after about 6 years of being illusioned again in Maya. These past few years have been detrimental to my economic situation and I have noticed that I am being challenged in not reacting to this karma. I am requesting that a prayer be said for Krishna’s mercy, as I am now studying and praying as a Devotee again, doing all I can to be in alignment with Supreme Personality Godhead. I had been very puffed up with pride, and now see how I have allowed the ego to misguide me. Its been an amazing life lesson, but I know I have disappointed Krishna. I long to be back in his good grace, where life experience flows like honey. I work in the social enterprise sector, and I have projects that will help many people, and I very much want his blessings for their success, for the betterment of the planet. I am now doing all I do for Krishna.

Thank you with all my heart
Hare Bol
Birken"

Please pray for Birken, dear devotees. Leave your prayers in the comment section below, if you please.

Hare Krishna Birken. I'm sorry to hear that things have been difficult for you. But I am incredibly happy to hear that you are now relying on Krishna. Keep doing this. Keep your faith strong. Krishna will guide you.

“Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners, when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge, you will be able to cross over the ocean of miseries.” - Bhagavad Gita, 4:37

“Even if one commits the most abominable action, if he is engaged in devotional service he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated in his determination.”               – Bhagavad Gita, 9:30

Always remember these words of Krishna and try hard to remain steady in devotion. Krishna is very merciful and forgiving. He is welcoming you back with open arms. Here is my prayer for you:

My Prayer:

Lord Krishna, your devotee Birken has now returned to you. Out of Your causeless mercy, You have awakened the love that lies dormant in our hearts. Dear Lord, let your mercy rain on Birken, who desires to come closer to You. Make Your presence felt to Him, for it is the desire of his heart. Allow Him to desire You. Help him in his endeavors and guide him to work for no one else but You, for You alone are our worship-able God. He desires Your blessings for his work, so he may be able to improve the lives of Your children. I know that You will bless him with success, because He is now doing everything for You. Let him remain in such a state of mind always, for nothing else is greater than working for Your pleasure. Krishna, You have promised so mercifully in the Bhagavad Gita that You will preserve what we have and carry what we lack. I know You will fulfill this promise for Your devotee Birken. Please always be with Birken and shower Your blessings on Him. Let Your mercy rain over him, let Your effulgent rays of brilliance shine over him, and thus nourish the seed of devotional service that You have planted in his heart. Help Him to always remember You and to always worship Your lotus feet, and to work for Your pleasure and offer the fruits of his activities unto You. You have promised us that those who begin their devotional service never have to fall back to 0% and start from scratch again. This is exemplified by Birken who is now picking up his devotional service once again. Help Him to surrender fully to Your will. Keep His faith and determination steady, Lord. And as You have promised, everything else shall follow. Krishna, show Him that You have never let go of him, and that You have accepted him. Thank You, Lord. Thank You for not forgetting Birken and calling Him back to You. I have no doubt that You will sustain Him and fulfill all His needs. Thank You.

4 comments:

  1. DP: Great initiative! :)

    @Birken:
    i pray heartily for you, and for all of us. May we always find ourselves in the embrace of His love. May we surrender our hearts, and souls, completely unto our dearest Lord. May He protct us, and take care of us, and forever bless us with the sweet-seemingly-nothings of His love and association.
    May the Lord shower His blessings and mercy on all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prayer, ILWK! Thanks! :)
    I'm actually really loving how we're praying for one another :) Ah, the glories of being in the association of devotees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Drain Piper,
    Thank you so much for your prayers! So much has changed since I posted originally a few weeks ago. Krishna has heard these prayers as over the last few weeks my projects have moved forward very nicely and I am now receiving investment support, which is fantastic!
    Thank you everyone... Thank you Krishna!
    Jaya Sri Krishna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness! Your comment was marked as spam! I have been wondering how things have been with you! Oh, it is just Krishna's mercy that I saw your comment in the spam folder! I was going to go to bed, and I thought I'd just check my blog. I happened to click on the spam folder thinking what if some original comments were marked as spam. And there I saw your comment! Haribol! It is just Krishna's mercy that I happened to check my blog AND the spam folder! Who knows - maybe I would have never seen your comment otherwise!

    Thank you so much for getting back to us. I am really really very happy to hear that things are working out well for you. I pray that you always remain steady in your faith and determination, and that you always work with a desire to please Krishna. Once again, thanks for getting back to us! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...