Monday 23 December 2013

Prayer Request for Mira

Mira said:
Hello

since March this year ..i became illusioned and distracted from Krishna consciousness. As a result i was always disatisfied with something or the other. I had a very important exam in june which i failed and was very disheartened.I tried to do everything to stay positive.Tried to figure things out as so many things were not going my way. I thought a lot about everything and as a result had a mental disorder . I was not able to relax and
concentrate on my studies anymore ……then yesterday i dnt knw how i came through your blog and had tears in my eyes when i read ur posts as if Krishna is telling me to believe tht he is with me
I am having the same exam again from 24th..please pray that i get Krishna’s love and success in exams this time :-)

I am sorry to hear about how difficult things have been for you. I would suggest that when you have time, perhaps you could consider seeing a doctor about your mental state. You could talk to me privately if you like - I might be able to assist you with mental disorders since I suffer from it myself. I wish you all the best for your exams. I know that sometimes it is difficult to concentrate but in moments like those, remind yourself of the end goal. What do you want out of this? Why do you want to pass the exam? To get the certificate perhaps, so you can get a good job? Think about the goal and think about how good and proud of yourself you will be once you accomplish it. Nothing comes easy. Dedicate your efforts to Krishna and do everything that you do for Krishna, even if that means studying for him to make him happy :) I wish you all the best!

Dear Gopinath, please help your devotee feel close to you once again. Like children sometimes we wander away from you but you never fail to find us again and you are always waiting nearby with open arms. Please help Mira do well in her exams and please be close to her. Let her feel your presence and fill her life with your love. You never forget especially those who have thought of you in their lives and thus we know that you will never forget us. Plant the seed of devotion in Mira's heart and give her the knowledge that she needs to pass these exams. Give her the wisdom that she needs to succeed in life. Be her guide and may her faith in you grow with every passing day. Please help her find her balance and help her to concentrate on the things that are important in life. Fill her heart with acceptance and gratefulness and especially with love and faith in you.

8 comments:

  1. Thankuu soo much.....your prayer was really encouraging and sweet.... it gave me a lot of positivity and strength....my exams went well....I felt Krishna's presence and love :-)
    Thanku so much that u offered to help..right now m ok with Krishna's grace but i would surely like to share with u if i hv a problem in future :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm asking for prayers of reconciliation for myself and the love of my life. she is my best friend and I hope one day for her to be my wife. But recently we had been arguing andI broke her trust. I know this seems silly but she was the one person who loved me and I love her. Please bring us back together again, let our foundation be strong and loving please let me get the apartment that is affordable I want to create a home for my family including her. I love her and I want her in my life forever.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that your exams went well! Thank you, Krishna, for helping Mira :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going through a period where I doubt, if I am in my path of going out of Krishna Consciousness. I complete my committed rounds only rarely. Even though I get up at 4, I do not get enough time for chanting or for my household chores. Not to speak of reading scriptures and doing service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would request all to suggest some steps by which I can be consistent in at least my chanting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to be completely honest with you, even though this might make me look like I fall short of ISKCON standards. I don't chant. I used to but I dont anymore. I feel like reading about him, praying, listening to songs about him and just talking to him help me feel closer to him than chanting does. I can't pay attention when I chant. It would take 2 hours to chant 16 rounds I'm guessing. I already lose so much time everyday because of an anxiety disorder and also due to weak health. I spend an average of 3 hours daily taking care of these needs. I personally feel like everyone has their own way of worshipping and getting close to Krishna and that chanting may be the way for some people. When I chant, I just repeat the words without paying attention but when I sing or recite verses, I concentrate on the meaning and it helps me feel closer to Krishna. I chant the mahamantra a few times now when I feel like it.

    I dont really associate myself with ISKCON anymore. I just call myself a devotee of Krishna and try to focus on him in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing they suggest is to listen closely to every word you say when you chant. I tried this before and it does help pay attention.

    I would also advise to go slow when increasing the number of rounds. Making big jumps in number of rounds can lead to a backslide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear what you are going through. I have posted a prayer request for you.

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...