Wednesday 19 August 2009

Krishna in My Dreams

This morning, I woke up feeling good because Krishna paid me a visit in my dreams =) Well, I was horribly lazy and a bit stressed out, to be honest, but the dream was very nice! And what followed was rather freaky.

The dream is rather vague now but I will try my best to remember it correctly. Cannot guarantee the exactness, though.

In my dream, Radha and I were in a room. And then Krishna came and then he gave her a carpet. And she sat on it and she was flew out on the carpet through the window and she was looking back and smiling at us. Then Krishna and I were talking. There was a song playing in my dream. It included the names Gopal and Madhav (or Madan). I was telling Krishna that there was music about him, being played for him. And I remember something along the lines of Him telling me the ways in which we can make Him happy. And it was in 3 ways:

  1. Singing his names and his glories

  2. Remembering him at all times

  3. Offering to him


This is not necessarily in order of importance since I can't remember the order too well. Actually, to be honest, I don't even remember the 3 things all that well. But I was praying to Krishna to help me remember them and this is what I could remember. So I settled on these three things. What might have also influenced this dream/list may have been me thinking about how Christians worship through songs (not hymns, but more like the songs on MTV and radio, etc.). So maybe that had something to do with it, but whatever it was, I remembered these 3 things and I stuck to it.

There was also something about prasadam and someone was telling me to "offer food to them". While grammatically, this means that I was supposed to offer food to another human being before consuming it, that person actually meant that I should give him/her the food that I had offered to the Lord i.e. prasadam. I think this was related to 3. Offering to him.

Then on www.krishna.com, I was reading a blog entry written by Karnamrita.das titled, 'Can "Ordinary" Daily Activities be "Spiritual"? Today, while reading the Bhagavad Gita Ch 18, I came across a verse that I could not understand in relation to the caste system. And this post was related to the topic. This isn't unusual. Krishna often solves my queries through either dreams (Ganesha has settled my mind as well like this), articles, my devotee friends, other devotees, television, etc. Anyhow, towards the end of the article, there was a verse copied from the Bhagavad Gita Ch 18 - the chapter I am currently reading. However, I have not reached this verse as yet but it took me by surprise. My jaw dropped. Here is the verse:

"One can understand Me as I am, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, only by devotional service. And when one is in full consciousness of Me by such devotion, he can enter into the kingdom of God....In all activities just depend upon Me and work always under My protection. In such devotional service, be fully conscious of Me...Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend."


Bg 18.55, 57, 65


Freaky, much?!

Yea, lyk totallay! OMG, I was just re-reading the verse. I was in so much shock! It was more or less what He told me in my dreams! I know that those things are repeated a lot and stressed on a lot. But it was just too amazing to miss. The fact that I had a dream just this morning and then reading this verse? Way cool. I was actually going to read the article later because it was rather long. I told myself though, that Krishna was discussing a topic I have been reading into tonight and perhaps he would answer my queries through it. Even though Prabhupada had answered my questions through his affluent purport of the verses, this article was related to what I was reading at the moment. After reading the article, I turned to my left to look at the little statue I have of Kanha in our altar. I was like, "How did you do this?!" That was crazy, man. Seriously.

It's kinda cool too, though :)

Haribol.

6 comments:

  1. [...] is a link to a dream I once had that has had a significant impact on my [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] a confirmation for me, that Krishna was talking to me. (This experience is in detail on my blog:  http://bloggingupthedrainpipe.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/krishna-in-my-dreams/) Ever since I started reading the Bhagavad Gita, and because of being in contact with devotees, I [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! I have had dreams of Kanha and my Guru too...plus other spiritual dreams...I love my Kanha, and want to stay His Meera. . .
    thanx a bunch for sharing your dream and experience! Bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep sharing the devotional spirit...it enriches the bhakti inside. Good sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys, I thought this was pretty beautiful too and wanted to share with you... It's someone's dream about Krishna.. the first post http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/forum/topics/looking-for-insight-on-my-krishna-dreams :)
    Hare Krishna..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was a delight to read! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...