Saturday 18 September 2010

Bhagavad Gita, 9:22

"But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form--to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have." - Bhagavad Gita, 9:22

One word. Alive.

Krishna is Alive. Today I had the opportunity to realize that Krishna is alive and He is present in our lives. Today, Iupdated my Facebook status to include the latter part of this verse. Many of my friends 'liked' the comment without really knowing that it is God's promise to His devotees. A while later, on Facebook, a Krishna Conscious group that I am subscribed to posted a note about this very verse! A little while later, I found out about www.rupa.com (a devotional website) and decided to check it out. What do you know... on the homepage was a lecture about this exact same verse! Then I thought: Krishna is Alive. He is really really alive and He is relishing in the delight that comes from reciprocating with His devotees.

This verse speaks out to me. It consoles me and fills me with the love that Krishna has for me. It makes me realize that if I just learn to depend on Krishna, He will sustain me. He will take care of everything for me. He will preserve the good things that I have, which may be very few or perhaps even nonexistent, and He will carry what I lack, which is so much. But still. Because He loves me as His daughter, He is ready to carry all that I lack. And I don't even ask Him to do this for me. Out of His own will, His own love, He has promised to do this for me. He is alive and I am so sure He will fulfill His promise. Krishna's words are not empty. Krishna's love is not conditional. Krishna has made a promise to us and He will keep His part of the promise so long as we keep ours and just worship Him with complete devotion.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing!!!

    Yes, Krishna is definitely ALIVE, listening to you and responding to your thoughts and devotion - what better proof than this.

    I was in a store the other day, waiting at the checkouts...thinking about KRISHNA and wondering if Krishna is aware of me thinking about Him - and just then - a woman walks inside wearing peacock-feather earrings!

    I think I got my answer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HARI BOL! Wonderful, wonderful!
    How nice! You were wondering if Krishna was thinking about You, and He showed you that He always is! Haribol! Aah, I cannot even begin to describe the feeling Krishna fills His devotees' hearts with! All that I can say now is His name. Nothing else can describe His splendor. Krishna is just Krishna and that's it.
    I pray that Krishna continues to always bless you with His presence in your life :)
    Haribol!

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...