Wednesday 27 July 2011

OCD: The Way You Make Me Feel

Oh OCD, the way you make me feel is terrible.

After a couple of good days and some successful exposures, I feel rather distressed today. Because it feels like my life is stuck. It feels like my life is on hold. Everyone around me has got a job and they're earning good money, they're on their way making something of their lives. Yet here I am, having graduated 7 months ago, sitting here, doing nothing. I have been rejecting interviews because there is no way I can handle a day job that requires waking up early in the morning. My morning rituals take up way too much time. Up until last month I was still ready to take up a job but then I developed new obsessions which makes it impossible now.

In fact, I was even being offered a job but I missed the interview because that day, OCD took control. I guess it's a good thing I didn't go for that interview because I wouldn't have been able to commit anyway. Either I take a job and die trying to make it there on time (which means waking up at 2 AM to be at work by 8/9 AM) or I wait until I get fired for being consistently late. Of course, that's if I never go crazy and die of anxiety in the workplace first.

But this just feels devastating. I worked hard for good grades in school and university. And that's it. Nothing after that for the last 7 months. When am I going to start working towards building a career for myself? I don't want to live off of my parents' money forever. I want to be independent.

While others are revelling in the success of their new careers, I am getting thrilled with my success of being able to pick something off the floor. What the hell is going to become of my life?

I feel like such a burden to my family and close friends who know I have OCD. I already felt like a burden because I'm vegetarian and my friends would always have to reconsider things like eating at restaurants so that even I could eat. Now its like I can't go anywhere that doesn't have a good clean toilet, I can't pick up things they drop, can't help them cook (afraid of bacteria in raw food)... Sometimes they even have to do things for me like open doors because I won't touch the doorknob or pick things up off the floor. I feel like such a pain. Everyone's worried about me and trying to help. They listen and they try to understand what I'm going through. But for how long will they listen? They're going to get tired soon enough and they're going to get fed up on my constant doubting and whining and anxiety. Sigh, I feel alone and tired of all this.

God, I just wish I could curl up and die. Or sleep. And wake up, free of OCD. I really wish Krishna would fix me up soon... But I need to wait until the time is right. So tired of feeling incapable. Hopefully, this feeling of devastation will subside soon enough. Help me, God. I have no one but You.

12 comments:

  1. OMG I am so sorry you feel this way. I am going through the exact same thing! I'll mail you later! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you feel like this too! But funnily enough I'm in high spirits today. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is really hard. The compulsions and obsessions are devastating and make you feel completely helpless. There is light at the end of the tunnel. You can do it. I lived 20 plus years without knowing I was OCD and now that I know I am able to face the monster head on. Try taking very small steps. Don't look to next week. Look at today and break things down by the hours. Take one hour at a time. Your career will come. It's only been 7 months. Best advise though, take on a part time job or volunteer a few hours a week to get into a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    Thanks for the advise. I ought to try what you said and take it by the hour! I actually have been looking for some manageable part-time jobs. Hope I find a suitable one soon enough!
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hare Krishna !!

    Happy janmashtmi to you and your family dear i am sure Krishna will remove all problems from your life and bring love peace and happiness in you life :-) Keep fighting we are with you

    Hare Krishna !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hare Krishna!

    Thanks! Happy Janmashtami to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hare Krishna !!
    Dear How are you now ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoveUeverNarayana29 August 2011 at 02:28

    Hi Dp..,

    You are Krishna's very good devotee...HE will never let you down dp:-)) See there are soooo many who can't chant his name and revel in his relationship & no matter how much u try and influence them they just can't even call out to him....I feel very sorry for them...but U, at this young age have so much faith on him & despite ur hardships, U always depend on him & HIM ALONE:-) How wud he ever let u down...tell me...

    \God, I just wish I could curl up and die./

    This is really upsetting dp!!!.....pls never ever say this...or feel that way:-( My humble request to u...! You very much know "human birth" is so grt and it is gained after sooooo many good deeds.....and janma is to do "Hari Bakthi":-)) U have such a grt gift of "HARI bakthi".....
    All the very best to u...I will pray for you baiya!
    LUEN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi LUEN

    Thanks for the support and kind words. Yes I'm grateful that I have come to know Krishna as my Lord, and that this human life is a gift... But things get very hard sometimes, unfortunately. After all, this is a world of misery! But the Lord promises to be there for those who call upon Him and that I must do :)

    Btw, did you call me bhaiya as in brother? Because I am a girl :p hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hare Krishna

    I am well, thank you. The anxiety is gradually becoming slightly easier to control day by day, thanks to the Lord's mercy :)

    Thanks for your concern! I hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  11. LoveUeverNarayana1 September 2011 at 00:54

    Ohhh dp hehehe sorry.....really sorry...:-()....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe no problem at all :)

    ReplyDelete

The Tale of The Two Wolves

A grandfather is talking with his grandson and he says there are two wolves inside of us which are always at war with each other.  One o...